Friday, November 28, 2014

Message to 2014 kids

Message to 2014 kids

     If you write, blog, or just live, you will definitely face a writer’s block. However, currently the lack of content on my blog is not due to not finding an idea to write, but rather that my ideas are totally unrelated to the theme of the blog. Thus I focused more on recording my hobby and uploading it. But recording sometimes gets noisy and ruined, so I cannot really upload everything. So what now, just sitting ducks?

    I figured if this is the only way for me to overcome the writer’s block, I will simply write the persistent idea that wouldn’t disappear. This is a warning that this post is not about technology or video games or anime, so if you read on, don’t expect that, ok?

    Ever since I was a kid, I theorize things about life. One of my thoughts were about the future me. I wanted to see a cool, tall, overachieving hyperactive adult who is into technology (at that time, I only used Windows 95, 98 and MS DOS, and Dad didn’t let me use his Linux device until high school) and can drive very well almost any vehicle with ease. I wanted to be AWESOME when I grow up. So as any kid, I started pursuing my dream. I ate so much that I became chubby and worked out every day just so I’d get taller. And you know, now that I am getting driving lessons next semester, you can pretty much say I make myself proud. I. AM. AWESOME.

   Yet I look at teens not so far away from me not working out every day, anorexic, and without any motivation to try anything new. They have outstanding technology at their fingertips and they do not even try to explore its quirks. They do not try to make apps, mod apps, and few start a new youtube channel or blog and actively add content to it. Nobody wants to make ECHOcasting a thing, which I would if I had time, the only thing they do is talk about sexuality in forums and watch Disney movies.

   Message to all teens: watch where you waste your time! My dad gave me the best chance of exposure to technology, and you are sinking in it but not using it properly. Discover, push the walls themselves, think outside the box. Because the moment you graduate from high school, you will have a million responsibilities, you will need to make your own food, remember to pay your own bills, manage your own money, etc. If you are unmotivated now, how will you be when you are even more too busy to have hobbies? 

     Then again, even I don’t have my life planned out. Getting my driving license is the end goal to prove my awe-inspiring worth. What will I do after that, and after inventing the beef cake (smoked beef, milk, and eggs. Three of the best things ever)? Will I die before I turn 20? That’s what I always assumed. I will die a horrible bloody death soon after finishing school. So I always set out to try everything before it is the end. I wanted to experience every job there is, every minute has to be fun, but another part of me is always worried about trying to survive (because I am almost 20 and I finished high school).
   
     This is YOLO. YOLO is living your ideal standards, your ideal morals, all while having fun. Become a role model and inspire others but just being you. YOLO is not about parties, money, and all that. Let’s not link all our culture to music culture. You Only Live Once, but if you do it right, once is enough. That’s all I got to say to younger teens out there. Maybe next post I can write about technology, but in the meantime, I am uploading videos of me playing games, so you can check that out I guess. They’re all scheduled stuff.

No comments: